Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How to waste your time (Mathematically of course!)

Dear All,

It's me again, your friendly neighborhood MathMan from a month long hiatus. Today on a lovely Tuesday morning as I sit down and do nothing, I decided to let you all know about my secret of, "How to waste your time" yes dear friends you heard it right and of course you read it here first!

They say that "an idle mind is the devil's workshop" or as shown below:
Idle Mind
Wasting Time, what does it look like? Is it something which we can see below 













There are also other techniques which you can try for eg. Watching youtube videos, spend idle chats with friends whom you nevertheless meet on real life, trying to clean the house even though your wife has managed to keep the house in order at her level best, downloading countless movies your favorite TV shows and start watching them one after the other so that you can boast of all the stories and the spoilers to all your friends. For more help needed, you might wanna check Wasting Time the Wikihow way or alternatively 1000 ways to waste time. I would also recommend you watching a lovely Aziz Ansari video to get some ideas to waste time especially on the net.

Wait a minute, dont leave this page well not yet atleast! Now I am going to show you some of my time wasting techniques especially using our lovely dearest friend Math.
There are plenty of Math websites which help us to have fun with Math thus indulging in some lovely activities. Some of the more notable ones which I use with my kids are Math is Fun 
Lots of Math fun and activities using this terrific website Fun Mathematics 











Some other fun websites with lots of Math activities includes the wonderful Education World after all we love Math, dont we? 











At the end of all these activities, if you are still unclear or undefined like 
as how to waste your time then surely check this out:









Enough said and written dear friends so as my good man says here


Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I have enjoyed writing this dear friends and as always I welcome each one of you for your comments and suggestions.

Till the next time, this is your MathMan signing off
Stay Blessed Everyone


7 comments:

  1. Now I just have to find extra time to waste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Lori, forgot to include your "time wasting" activity.

    Hugs
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It always amazes me how you can make everything related to Math sound as so much fun :) Now you got me wanting to do Math on my free time ha ha. I must say that you are not only an outstanding mathematician but an excellent writer as well.

    Hugs,

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for the kind words as always Claudia :) your comments always inspire me to write nicer and better posts. Please keep in touch and keep reading my blogs cos its people like you who always make me believe in myself and hence I'm continuously improving my Math escapades.

      Hugs
      Vijay

      Delete
  4. I had to share it! It's a very nice invitation to explore math.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchos Gratias señorita :) you've always been nice to me Margarita and thanks a bunch as always for the kind words.

      Hugs

      Vijay

      Delete
  5. Vijay, the posts that you put up in your blog posts were simply incredible. They gave a useful insight into the teaching of complex subject of Mathematics and the experience of practitioners.It is not easy to make a subject look like child's play particularly if it concerns math. I am sure, more such insightful analysis will only make this as the most sought after subject. Bravo. I am indeed proud of you.

    ReplyDelete