Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Inspiring people (Mathematically again)

Dear All,

How are you doing? Its that time of the year when the sun is out and the lazy ones are in ha ha, you guess it right...it's time for
Now there are many activities, one can do in summer. Some of the most notable ways which help us to have fun while also doing Math during summer can be seen from this site: Summer Math lessons
This link shows some easy steps to better our Math proficiency: Summer Math Skills

Now what is the use of instilling all these activities in our kids/students without actually a dash of inspiration involved in them. So lets all try and show our kids how Math can inspire us with the help of the below shown videos:

1. 

Conrad Wolfram: Teaching kids real math with computers


2. Donald Duck in Mathemagic Land (This one is my favorite!)

3. Teaching Math without Words: 

In addition to all this, there are also some great #Edtech tools which can be used in the Math classroom. The more notable ones are shared beautifully here: Edtech with Math where my lovely Maths colleague (Colleen) has been mentioned. She is truly a Maths inspiration along with my cousin Bon Crowder @mathfour (www.mathfour.com) both amazing female Math(s) educators I have the pleasure to know. Additonally, if someone wants to get a touch of inspiration you can read always my own inspiring story(who knows, you might actually like me more lol) via My Story.

Some strategies to motivate underachieving students are so beautifully illustrated via this link as well:
                                                          Motivational Strategies

So here is me again yours truly Vijay aka the MathMan signing off, stay blessed dear friends across the globe wherever you are. Till the next time, adios amigos!









6 comments:

  1. Great videos and visuals! Always love your blog Vijay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for the kind words :) keep in touch

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Vijay!

    I'm including Wolfram Demonstrations in the courses I'll have next semester, starting on next Monday. And, of course, Donald in MathMagic Land. All my students are beginners in architecture and engineering, and I need to help them to construct the meaning of Math.
    Wish me luck!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you all the very best Margarita :) may you continue to inspire and teach your students in the best possible way. If you need any help, you know where and how to find me :)

      Best wishes

      Delete
  3. Great videos. Thanks for listing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a pleasure Jacqui :) thanks for the kind words.

    Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete